Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cupcakes & Cakes

Shhhhh...
I have a little secret:  I'm taking cake decorating classes! And though my loyalty will always remain with cupcakes, I have to practice cakes for my class.  This week I had a request for half a dozen  birthday peanut butter cupcakes, so I used the rest of the batter for a practice birthday cake!



 
I did orange & yellow theme to match the colors of Reese's Pieces.  Both the cake & the cupcakes are filled with peanut butter mousse. 


Also, this week for class we practiced picture cake decorations... we could pick any picture, and obviously I picked my favorite little image:


This cake is a classic yellow cake with a raspberry white chocolate chip filling.  Everyone in the class picked one big, easy, image: a cupcake, a caterpillar, a hamburger... etc.   I (in classic Mona fashion) decided to do take on a good challenge.

Needless to say, I was the last one left in class, even the instructor left!  But all in all... it was a great class, and a fantastic week. 

Well lovies... I'm off to bed (aside from baking & eating, sleeping is my favorite.)  I hope you enjoy!

Love,
Mona

1 comment:

  1. I really think you need to be on Cupcake Wars on Food Network!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete