Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's Not A Party Without Cupcakes

Hello Hello!  The past few weeks have been super busy (which is AWESOME!) from work (ahh the life of a financial analyst at quarter points), orders, cake decorating classes, and last (but most importantly) kitchen makeover planning! 
For those who don't know... I currently have a 1970's kitchen.  I'm not joking.. it's old, and it's tiny!! I can only bake 24 cupcakes at a time, which makes big batches pretty difficult to do. 

So we are looking at ovens, calling contractors and getting estimates.  We are also looking for a second fridge because my cupcakes have been taking over the entire fridge! All this new kitchen excitement aside, I have cupcakes to share!

This past week I was lucky enough to bake cupcakes for two very special events:
 An engagement party & a high school graduation party. 

Engagement Party
( Order:  5 dozen cupcakes.  30 Ultimate Carrot Cake, 30 Oreo Madness)


The bride & groom-to-be each picked a flavor they liked.  The blushing bride chose Oreo Madness, while the groom chose ultimate carrot cake.  For the decorations I incorporated their wedding colors and the first initial of both the bride and groom.  The pink frosting with the "A" topper is Oreo madness cupcakes, while the green frosting and the "M" toppers are Ultimate Carrot Cake. 
You maybe asking what make the cakes "ultimate"?  These are traditional carrot cake + pineapple + coconut + pecans + raisins.  YUM!


High School Graduation

( Order: 4 dozen cupcakes. 24 Chocolate Oreo, 24 Golden Oreo)




This was a last minute request, I got the call Thursday, and the cupcakes were baked and decorated by Friday.  I recommended my #1 flavor.. Oreo but with a twist.  Normally I do vanilla cake and original Oreos, this time I did vanilla cake with Golden Oreos and chocolate cake with original Oreos.  They were a big hit!


I am so lucky to have been asked to be apart of these special events.  Thank you!!

Well, that's all I have to share for tonight.  I hope you enjoy!

Love,
Mona

1 comment:

  1. Amazing stuff! Love the new wallpaper on the blog. The graduation cupcakes look divine. True to the Maine Endwell blue and yellow colors, nice! I especially like the blue frosting and blue sparkles.
    Congrats on getting a kitchen makeover!

    ReplyDelete