Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My First Customer!!!!

I can't even begin to explain how amazing this feels.  My first customer... Melissa... gave me the freedom to pick my flavors, so I decided to make one brand new flavor (S'mores) & one relatively new flavor (Snickerdoodle). Thank you to Melissa for letting me make these for you!

Lets jump right in to my newest adventure!

My newest flavor: S'mores
Normally, I can resist "sampling" my creations (twice)... but I could not resist these! Wow... that's all I can say.  All you are missing is the camp fire.  Just beware, making marshmallow frosting is just as messy as trying to roast marshmallows on a stick over a fire.  The mess was big, but this flavor is bigger!  I searched and searched for a good S'mores cupcake recipe, but most of them start with a chocolate cake base.  I did not want that, I wanted a graham cracker base... so I just made it up. 

I tried to get artistic with this next picture, Rien's amazing photography has inspired me:

These creations are:

  • Graham cracker cake, with Hershey bits inside

  • Marshmallow Frosting

  • Graham cracker & Hershey Bar toppers.

My (relatively) New Flavor:  Snickerdoodle
I call these relatively new because the first time I made them for a birthday party, they were great.  Then I changed the recipe just a bit... and they bombed! (the whole batch went into the trash) So this was my attempt to redeem myself, and I did it!
Here are two more artistic pictures:

These are:

  • Vanilla cake with Cinnamon-Sugar swirled in

  • Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Well kiddies, I am off.  Hope you enjoyed!!

Love,
Mona

No comments:

Post a Comment